Thursday, September 20, 2018

What is your opinion about security cameras in public places?

February 14, 2013 by admin
Filed under Security Cameras

Many people don’t like the fact that the United States government installs security cameras in public places calling it invasion of privacy. What is your opinion on this subject?

I think that with all the iPhones and other devices that people have on, we are already on film a great deal of the time. So I don’t care about cameras that I can’t see.

Comments

6 Responses to “What is your opinion about security cameras in public places?”
  1. Vet's Daughter says:

References :

2. Angelina says:

I believe it is absolutely necessary. Think about it, how many criminals can be caught, things that can be prevented if they know they are being filmed anyways. Accidents happen and people need proof of things. Unless it’s a bathroom, I think everywhere should have cameras. Especially in stores where people like to steal and make a riot about everything. Banks, supermarkets, parking lots, especially, train stations, subways…this is all saving people’s lives and preventing criminal activity. The government can go too far, obviously, but it is better to be safe than sorry. If you are not doing anything wrong, then nothing to worry about. It is a matter of getting the info out there, so, people will refrain from doing wrong stuff in the first place, if they know they are being filmed, then they will think twice.
    References :
    Just personal opinion.

3. Like a someboooody says:

k
    References :

4. David L says:

Maybe those cameras aren’t from the US government. They could be a traffic camera to catch speeders, a camera on a building watching the traffic on the street, a city could mount cameras in a public park… these cameras are for public protection. If you don;t like them, write to your councilman, congressman, or whoever you want to direct it to.
    References :

5. Athena says:

There is no expectation of privacy in a public place.
    Why does it matter if a camera sees you or I see you?
    References :

6. Gail says:

Personally, I feel safe knowing I am being monitored. My safety, especially in stores, parking lots, etc. I view as an extra person looking out for me and my family’s welfare. I perfer privacy when going to the bathroom and dressing rooms. Common sense needs to be used, but whatever is necessary to insure my safety I give my permission. We all need to look out for each other looking for the positive instead of negative.
    References :