Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Should we be allowed to spy on mosques?

September 30, 2011 by admin
Filed under CCTV Equipment

Should it be mandatory all mosques are fitted with the latest CCTV equipment under 24 hour surveillance,

They’re already doing that using operatives under disguise.

Comments

18 Responses to “Should we be allowed to spy on mosques?”
  1. JosF says:

Not any more or any less then we would need to spy on a bowling club. Or a Hell’s Angels den.
    Meaning: with due cause and after court approval.

2. John James says:

Of course. And churches too. After all, all of America’s defence strategy is planned in churches.

3. moha says:

They already put muslim spies in there.

4. Robert says:

Yes, but let’s also spy on Churches.

5. Bored says:

That would be invasion of privacy. What you are asking for, is a totalitarian government to have an ever watchful eye over civilians.

No, that would be a bad thing.

6. Thomas L says:

I would go even further and I would put CCTV in EVERYBOY’s home. Anyone is potentially up to no good.

What’s that you’re saying, you don’t want one in your home?

You must have something to hide then, let’s arrest you, after a Guantanamo Bay styl interrogation you’ll tell us everything.

7. orchidmg says:

the ones in the Middle East, yes, that would be nice. But in America, we have freedom of religion. So I don’t see that happening. We can’t stop the polygamist in Utah, how will we stop the Muslims?

8. Peace Walker Pakistani says:

They’re already doing that using operatives under disguise.

9. Inigo Montoya says:

Sure why not? Hey, while we’re at it, lets put them everywhere and catch all the homespun terrorists too. Lets just turn the world into one large fascist, socialist, communist planet. That’s what you want isn’t it?

10. Saira ????? says:

Hmm…Americans would love to do that.

No, I don’t think so. The mosque where I live, the first purpose-built mosque in the UK, has a few of those cameras, I’ve seen one outside of it. There’s no need "spy", what would that be for anyway? So cause something to happen? We go mosque to worship, nothing else. It really does anger me how ignorant you people are…It’s obvious you like to joke, and this is clearly meant to be a joke, but it’s not funny. Sad. Mosques are more peaceful than any other place, if some Muslims cannot accept this, it’s their fault – not the place of worship.

11. TJ Johnston says:

Most jihadists don’t even go near Mosques because they think the majority of Muslims are just as bad as the ‘Infidels’.

So it would be a wast of money. Infringement of innocent people’s rights. Plus it may drive more people into terrorist through the sociological concept of the self-fulfilling prophecy.

12. Ceisiwr says:

No more say than churches, other religious temples, and maybe clubs. While we’re thinking about, why not peoples’ homes…

Actually, I’m not aware that mosques do things in secret. I’ve been invited to mosques, kingdom halls and various other places before, so I don’t think surveillance is even necessary, nor called-for.

13. Jamlord says:

The Vatican has their issues also. For centuries, people have complained about their wall of secrecy.

14. Alan Fisher says:

Yes, of course. I agree with you, till the very end.

15. Mr Bean says:

Yes. And churches. I don’t trust any of them.
    Atheist.

16. Everard says:

If you can’t lawfully do it to the crazier of the churches I wonder how you’ll do it.

"I see a mosque as more of a jihad command center than a place of worship, we should keep a close eye on what they are plotting sneaky Muslims"
    You’re pathetic.
    ~

17. JmKK says:

only secretaly as we do now, he he .

18. capitalgentleman says:

What you "see" is of no account. The vast majority of Muslim are peaceful, and law abiding. There is a radical element – as there are radical Christians (the KKK being an example). You need a reasonable suspicion that a crime is being committed to have a phone tap.

Besides; mosques are open. You can just go in for yourself and see what is happening. They are not secret places at all.